Today's topic is How To Solve Problems
Audio On How To Solve Problems Contributed by Our Friends at PositivityxSuccess
In today's audio Tony Robbins gives us some helpful tips on how to solve problems that come up in life.
1. First, ask yourself: is there really a problem here?
Often we create problems in our own heads – as I mentioned a bit about a few days ago in Things May Be Simpler Than You Think – that isn’t really out there in reality. So relax a bit. And think about if this is really a big problem.
2. Accept it.
When you accept that the problem already exists and stop resisting then you also stop putting more energy into the problem and “feeding it”.
Now it just exists (well, more or less, you might still feel a bit down about it). You can use the energy you previously fed the problem with – the energy that probably made the problem look bigger than it was – to find creative solutions to the challenge.
3. Ask for help.
You can ask people for advice on what to do and what they did in similar situations. But you can also ask for more practical help. You don’t have to solve every problem on your own and sometimes it feels better to have someone by your side, even if it is just for emotional support.
If you just ask you may find that people will often be willing to help you out.
4. Use 80 percent of your time to find solutions.
And only 20 percent to complain, worry and whine. It might not always be easy but focusing your energy, time and thoughts in this way is much more beneficial for you and others than doing the opposite.
5. Break the problem down into smaller pieces.
Solving a problem can sometimes seem overwhelming and impossible. To decrease anxiety and think more clearly break the problem down. Identify the different parts it consists of. Then figure out one practical solution you can take for each of those parts. Use those solutions.
They may not solve the whole problem immediately. But those solutions can get you started and might solve a few pieces of it.
6. Find the opportunity and/or lesson within the problem.
I have found that there is almost always a positive side to a problem. Perhaps it alerts us of a great way to improve our business or relationships. Or teaches us how our lives perhaps aren’t as bad as we thought.
Finding this more positive part of the problem reduces its negative emotional impact. You may even start to see the situation as a great opportunity for you.
Thought For Today:If you look at a problem as a problem it will hold you back. If you look at a problem as an opportunity that's exactly what it will be. Click To Tweet
More Links and Resources On How To Solve Problems
- To Change Your Life And Have More Success Change Your Thinking
- 10 Habits of Happy People That Anyone Can Develop
- Brendon Burchard With Personal Development Tips For Overcoming Obstacles
- John Maxwell Talks With Us About How To Jump Start Your Life
- How to Get What You Want In Life
- Even More About How to Solve Your Biggest Problems
Click Below Now
More Great Self-Improvement Books and Resources
Show Notes and Credits:
Audio clip courtesy of our friends at PositivityxSuccess
Audio Contributor Contact Info:
Episode #305 Release Date:
Monday, November 5, 2018
Thanks for Listening Today!
If you enjoyed this podcast please share it with someone you believe will also enjoy, and benefit from listening to it.
- Ask Clyde questions via Twitter @ClydeLeeDennis
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help out a lot.
- Use the share buttons below to share it with a friend or two! They'll thank you for it.
Photo by Francisco Moreno