Today's topic is How To Turn Knowledge Into Action
Binge Listen to Previous Episodes
Click PLAY Once, Listen All Day!
Audio On How To Turn Knowledge Into Action Contributed by Our Friends at Habits of the Wealthy
In today's audio, we get some great advice on how to turn knowledge into action.
- Tell someone else what you learned. When you spread the word about what you’ve learned, you’re not only introducing others to a new topic, but you’re also reminding yourself of what you’ve learned. Every time you repeat it, you’re ingraining the idea more and more into your mind. The more you tell others, the more likely you’ll be to remember it. The more you remember it, the greater the chance that you’ll put the ideas into action.
- Take notes on what you’re learning. Just like you used to (or still) do in school, taking notes on what you read is a great way to commit ideas to memory and to gain a better understanding of them. After you learn something, write it down somewhere. Make a list of what you want to do, add the action you want to take to your To Do list, or schedule time on your calendar to focus on your new course of action. Putting it in writing will make it more concrete and make it more likely that you’ll actually follow through.
- Incorporate ideas into your routine. If you want to practice something or explore new knowledge in an action-oriented way, find a way to incorporate it into your daily (or, at the very least, weekly) routine. Take action first thing in the morning if you can to make sure that you don’t end up putting it off later in the day. If you need a little motivation, ask a friend or partner to take action with you. If you make your action part of your routine, you’ll be a lot more likely to stick with it. As I mentioned in #2, putting the action you want to take on your calendar can really help you to actually follow through with it.
- Post reminders of ideas everywhere. Whoever invented the sticky note was a genius. You can write anything you want on those little pieces of paper and put them anywhere! Write a phrase (or a few phrases) that will remind you to take action and post it everywhere. Post it in your car, on your mirror, in your office, on your fridge—anywhere you’ll be likely to look and be reminded of the action you want to take.
- Keep learning about the topic. The more you learn about a subject, the more space it takes up in your mind. (I’m not sure if this is a fact, but it seems to be that way in my experience.) The more space something takes up in your mind, the harder it is to forget about it. Therefore, it’s best to keep learning more about what you want to be knowledgeable about. The more you learn, the more you’ll think, and the more likely you’ll put these thoughts into action.
More Links and Resources On How To Turn Knowledge Into Action
- How Making Changes In Life Leads to More Happiness
- Wayne Dyer: Exercise Your Freedom To Be Yourself
- Achieve More By Modeling The Morning Routines of Highly Successful People
- What Shonda Rhimes Learned By Happily Saying Yes To Everything
- Les Brown Talks With Us About Getting Unstuck In Life
- Even More About How To Turn Knowledge Into Action
Thought For Today:We must be happy with what we've got while in pursuit of what we want. Click To Tweet
Click Below Now
More Great Self-Improvement Books and Resources
Show Notes and Credits:
Audio clip courtesy of our friends at Habits of the Wealthy
Audio Contributor Contact Info:
Episode #316 Release Date:
Friday, November 16, 2018
Thanks for Listening Today!
If you enjoyed this podcast please share it with someone you believe will also enjoy, and benefit from listening to it.
- Ask Clyde questions via Twitter @ClydeLeeDennis
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help out a lot.
Photo by Kid Circus