1. Get and stay out of your comfort zone. I believe that not much happens of any significance when we’re in our comfort zone. I hear people say, “But I’m concerned about security.” My response to that is simple: “Security is for cadavers.”
2. Never give up. Almost nothing works the first time it’s attempted. Just because what you’re doing does not seem to be working, doesn’t mean it won’t work. It just means that it might not work the way you’re doing it. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it, and you wouldn’t have an opportunity.
3. When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think. There’s an old Chinese saying that I just love, and I believe it is so true. It goes like this: “The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.”
4. With regard to whatever worries you, not only accept the worst thing that could happen but make it a point to quantify what the worst thing could be. Very seldom will the worst consequence be anywhere near as bad as a cloud of “undefined consequences.” My father would tell me early on, when I was struggling and losing my shirt trying to get Parsons Technology going, “Well, Robert, if it doesn’t work, they can’t eat you.”
5. Focus on what you want to have happen. Remember that old saying, “As you think, so shall you be.”
6. Take things a day at a time. No matter how difficult your situation is, you can get through it if you don’t look too far into the future, and focus on the present moment. You can get through anything one day at a time.
7. Always be moving forward. Never stop investing. Never stop improving. Never stop doing something new. The moment you stop improving your organization, it starts to die. Make it your goal to be better each and every day, in some small way. Remember the Japanese concept of Kaizen. Small daily improvements eventually result in huge advantages.
I love starting my days by listening to this show. I’ve been listening to it every day for six months now and every episode has helped me improve and become better. It’s super inspiring and motivating. I love how every episode starts with a thought of the day and is packed with the most incredible information you could possibly get for the day. Absolutely wonderful show I highly recommend everyone listen to it. They’re truly the best seven minutes of the day.
I was surprised that 7 minutes of excepts of speeches could have anything new to tell me about personal development. But the value is in the curation, something that is highly undervalued. The host has a knack for picking something of value for me. My next step is choose a little 7 min job every day to do while listening ... maybe even sort out my garage ! Now THAT will be a triumph
I love this podcast. I had been looking for a good motivational podcast to listen to every morning when I found this one; it’s short enough to fit into my morning routine and provides great insight to start my day!
Ever have one of those middle of the day meltdowns? But you still have hours of stuff to do and you can’t leave the office and medicate for two hours. Breathe. Headphones. 7 minutes. It works for me every time.
I came upon your podcast by accident and cannot stop listening.
Your daily podcast is now the first thing I sit and listen to ever morning and it motivates my day! I especially love the Les Brown sessions.
I have downloaded many episodes to listen to in my car on long drives, as they are way more uplifting than the radio!
Keep up the great work and thank you!
Everyone needs this podcast. No matter who you are, how old you are, or where you are in your life, these are principles that everybody needs to be reminded of and it is a perfect way to start your day off and set that positive vibe. This is easily my favorite podcast for self-development.
from United States of America
Succinct and Info-packed!
Succinct and sweet... not to mention information-packed and very motivational episodes. Sometimes I don’t have an hour to listen and watch to motivational audio or videos, this podcast is all I need. Big thanks and more success, Clyde et al.!
...blown away, they really speak to me in a huge way
Hello Clyde, I came across your podcasts and I'm in my second day of listening. I blown away, they really speak to me in a huge way. Thank you very much for taking the time to do something that is without a doubt helping people through their day and their life, including me!! Take care. Shawn
from United States of America
Do You Want To Be Happier?
Join the Happy Nation! Our private, by-invitation-only community where you get the inspiration, encouragement, and positive energy you need to fuel your journey to a happier life.