Today's topic is How To Jump Start Your Life
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to automatically get the next ones!
Subscribe via Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | YouTube | Spotify
Audio On How To Jump Start Your Life Contributed by Our Friends at Success Audios
In today's audio John Maxwell talks with us about how to jump-start your life.
10 Great Ways to Jumpstart Your Happiness
1. Savor life’s joys. Pay close attention to life’s momentary pleasures and wonders, and share them with others through writing, drawing, music, or photography.
2. Drop grudges. When we forgive those who have wronged us, we feel better about ourselves, experience more positive emotions, and feel closer to others.
3. Get moving. Regular exercise increases self-esteem, reduces anxiety and stress, and may well be the most effective instant happiness booster of all.
5. Keep friends close. Social connections are a key to happiness. Research indicates that it’s quality more than quantity: Make time for those closest to you.
6. Get with the flow. At home and at work, seek out more challenging and absorbing experiences in which you “lose yourself,” experiencing what researchers call flow.
7. Practice kindness. Being kind to others makes us feel good. Feed a stranger’s parking meter, donate blood, help a friend with homework, visit an elderly relative, write a thank you letter. Altruistic acts light up the same pleasure centers in the brain as food and sex.
8. Look on the bright side. Keep a journal in which you imagine and write about the best possible future for yourself, or practice looking at the bright side of every situation.
9. Avoid over-thinking and comparing. Use strategies to cut down on how often you dwell on your problems and guard against comparing yourself to others.
10. Recall three good things. It’s easy to get caught up in the things that go wrong and feel like we’re living under our own private rain cloud. At the same time, we tend to take the good things and people in our lives for granted. List three positive things that happened in your day—and consider what caused them—it encourages you to tune into the sources of goodness in your life. read more at mindful.org
9 More Ways To Jump-Start Your Life
1. Gut Check Yourself Every Day.
2. Adapt, Adapt, Adapt!
3. Speak every day
5. Aspire To Be
6. Choose Learning Over “Failure.”
7. Build Your Body, Build Your Mind
8. Debrief Yourself
9. Make Sure Your Ducks Are In A Row Before Complaining To Others
Thought For Today:Not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your path. Click To Tweet
Show Notes and Credits:
Audio clip courtesy of our friends at Success Audios
View the full video on Youtube
Audio Contributor Contact Info:
Previous Episodes Related to How to Jump-Start Your Life
- Do These 5 Things to Improve Your Life
- Les Brown Talks With Us About Getting Unstuck In Life
- 7 Principles To Live By For A Happier Life
- Jodi Aman on Calming Anxiety in 20 Seconds
- Will Smith With Advice For Living A Good Life
- Your Daily Habits Determine Your Future
- Jordan B. Peterson: Spread Positivity Be An Encourager
- Inspiring Message From Our Friends at Success Archive
Thanks for Listening Today!
If you enjoyed this podcast please share it with someone you believe will also enjoy, and benefit from listening to it.
Ask Clyde questions via Twitter @ClydeLeeDennis
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help out a lot.
- Subscribe via Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts or YouTube or Spotify
- Use the share buttons below to share it with a friend or two! They'll thank you for it.
Whether you’re into recent discoveries, space exploration, true stories, fitness, fun tests, and riddles, or useful tips for self-improvement, psychology, gadgets, or just your day-to-day routine, there’s something for everyone!
You can expect all that and more coming at you in 3 top-quality videos every single day. If you’ve got a thirst for knowledge that never quits, then join a community of tens of millions and growing!
We have a good time, so take your shoes off, kick back, and make yourself at home here on the Bright Side of life!