1. Savor life’s joys. Pay close attention to life’s momentary pleasures and wonders, and share them with others through writing, drawing, music, or photography.
2. Drop grudges. When we forgive those who have wronged us, we feel better about ourselves, experience more positive emotions, and feel closer to others.
3. Get moving. Regular exercise increases self-esteem, reduces anxiety and stress, and may well be the most effective instant happiness booster of all.
5. Keep friends close. Social connections are a key to happiness. Research indicates that it’s quality more than quantity: Make time for those closest to you.
6. Get with the flow. At home and at work, seek out more challenging and absorbing experiences in which you “lose yourself,” experiencing what researchers call flow.
7. Practice kindness. Being kind to others makes us feel good. Feed a stranger’s parking meter, donate blood, help a friend with homework, visit an elderly relative, write a thank you letter. Altruistic acts light up the same pleasure centers in the brain as food and sex.
8. Look on the bright side. Keep a journal in which you imagine and write about the best possible future for yourself, or practice looking at the bright side of every situation.
9. Avoid over-thinking and comparing. Use strategies to cut down on how often you dwell on your problems and guard against comparing yourself to others.
10. Recall three good things. It’s easy to get caught up in the things that go wrong and feel like we’re living under our own private rain cloud. At the same time, we tend to take the good things and people in our lives for granted. List three positive things that happened in your day—and consider what caused them—it encourages you to tune into the sources of goodness in your life. read more at mindful.org
1. Gut Check Yourself Every Day.
2. Adapt, Adapt, Adapt!
3. Speak every day
5. Aspire To Be
6. Choose Learning Over “Failure.”
7. Build Your Body, Build Your Mind
8. Debrief Yourself
9. Make Sure Your Ducks Are In A Row Before Complaining To Others
...blown away, they really speak to me in a huge way
Hello Clyde, I came across your podcasts and I'm in my second day of listening. I blown away, they really speak to me in a huge way. Thank you very much for taking the time to do something that is without a doubt helping people through their day and their life, including me!! Take care. Shawn
I love this podcast. I had been looking for a good motivational podcast to listen to every morning when I found this one; it’s short enough to fit into my morning routine and provides great insight to start my day!
Perfect addition to my everyday. Builds motivation.
Great show, super helpful and informative
I love starting my days by listening to this show. I’ve been listening to it every day for six months now and every episode has helped me improve and become better. It’s super inspiring and motivating. I love how every episode starts with a thought of the day and is packed with the most incredible information you could possibly get for the day. Absolutely wonderful show I highly recommend everyone listen to it. They’re truly the best seven minutes of the day.
Everyone needs this podcast. No matter who you are, how old you are, or where you are in your life, these are principles that everybody needs to be reminded of and it is a perfect way to start your day off and set that positive vibe. This is easily my favorite podcast for self-development.
from United States of America
I could listen to this every day and I would be better for it. This has helped me a lot in areas in my life. The only negative I would say about it is 7min is not long enough.
Ever have one of those middle of the day meltdowns? But you still have hours of stuff to do and you can’t leave the office and medicate for two hours. Breathe. Headphones. 7 minutes. It works for me every time.
I was surprised that 7 minutes of excepts of speeches could have anything new to tell me about personal development. But the value is in the curation, something that is highly undervalued. The host has a knack for picking something of value for me. My next step is choose a little 7 min job every day to do while listening ... maybe even sort out my garage ! Now THAT will be a triumph
Absolutely love Oprah and her teachings. Thank you so much for this episode!
from United States of America
Succinct and Info-packed!
Succinct and sweet... not to mention information-packed and very motivational episodes. Sometimes I don’t have an hour to listen and watch to motivational audio or videos, this podcast is all I need. Big thanks and more success, Clyde et al.!