1. Develop positive thinking. I put this first because I think it’s the keystone habit that will help you form the other important habits. Sure, positive thinking by itself won’t lead to success, but it certainly goes a long way to motivate you to do the other things required.
2. Focus on one goal. Just as focusing on one task at a time is more effective, and focusing on one habit at a time is more efficient, so is focusing on one goal at a time. While it might seem very difficult, focusing on one goal at a time is the most powerful way of achieving your goals. When you try to take on many goals at once, you’re spreading thin your focus and energy — the two critical components for achieving a goal.
3. Eliminate the non-essential. First, identify the essential — the things in your life that are most important to you, that you love the most. Then eliminate everything else. This simplifies things and leaves you with the space to focus on the essential. This process works with anything — with your life in general, with work projects and tasks, with emails and other communication.
4. Kindness. Yes, kindness is a habit. And it can be cultivated. Focus on it every day for a month and you’ll see profound changes in your life. You’ll feel better about yourself as a person. You’ll see people react to you differently and treat you better, over the long run. It’s karma.
5. Daily routine. It’s so simple, but creating a daily routine for yourself can make a big difference in your life. The best routines, I’ve found, come at the start and end of the day — both your workday and your day in general. That means, develop a routine for when you awake, for when you first start working, for when you finish your workday, and for the end of your evening.
Let's continue to spread some positivity this week – Who is someone that helped change your life for the better? Maybe someone who put you on your current career path, or a person who helped you when they didn't have to…let's talk about those special people today.
...blown away, they really speak to me in a huge way
Hello Clyde, I came across your podcasts and I'm in my second day of listening. I blown away, they really speak to me in a huge way. Thank you very much for taking the time to do something that is without a doubt helping people through their day and their life, including me!! Take care. Shawn
I love this podcast. I had been looking for a good motivational podcast to listen to every morning when I found this one; it’s short enough to fit into my morning routine and provides great insight to start my day!
Perfect addition to my everyday. Builds motivation.
Great show, super helpful and informative
I love starting my days by listening to this show. I’ve been listening to it every day for six months now and every episode has helped me improve and become better. It’s super inspiring and motivating. I love how every episode starts with a thought of the day and is packed with the most incredible information you could possibly get for the day. Absolutely wonderful show I highly recommend everyone listen to it. They’re truly the best seven minutes of the day.
Everyone needs this podcast. No matter who you are, how old you are, or where you are in your life, these are principles that everybody needs to be reminded of and it is a perfect way to start your day off and set that positive vibe. This is easily my favorite podcast for self-development.
from United States of America
I could listen to this every day and I would be better for it. This has helped me a lot in areas in my life. The only negative I would say about it is 7min is not long enough.
Ever have one of those middle of the day meltdowns? But you still have hours of stuff to do and you can’t leave the office and medicate for two hours. Breathe. Headphones. 7 minutes. It works for me every time.
I was surprised that 7 minutes of excepts of speeches could have anything new to tell me about personal development. But the value is in the curation, something that is highly undervalued. The host has a knack for picking something of value for me. My next step is choose a little 7 min job every day to do while listening ... maybe even sort out my garage ! Now THAT will be a triumph
Absolutely love Oprah and her teachings. Thank you so much for this episode!
from United States of America
Succinct and Info-packed!
Succinct and sweet... not to mention information-packed and very motivational episodes. Sometimes I don’t have an hour to listen and watch to motivational audio or videos, this podcast is all I need. Big thanks and more success, Clyde et al.!